a thought bubble, a concept, a bit of fun.
A place to place thoughts and ideas on the brewing issues.
What is Southside? The Southern Edge. The scrape of sand and granite that traces the southern most part of Western Australia. Rough, beautiful, rural, isolated. A great place for thought and a great place for finding answers.
Grind? Work; or your hustle. Life on the Southside isn’t the hardest – but you still have times you have to grind. Continuous consumption of coffee also helps make the grind more manageable.
Who is behind the Grind? Carl Heslop. Registered Nurse. Health Promotion practitioner. PhD Candidate. Father of two. Coffee enthusiast. Generalist.
I live in the rural area. It presents unique perspectives, challenges and ideas. This blog is a tool to write more – exploring ideas and concepts. Some are linked to public health, others nursing, others lifestyle. Read some or read none, but feel free to comment, discuss or just enjoy with a coffee in hand.
- 10 tips on navigating the new world (of constant video meetings)
- Do we actually want violence against women to end?
- Review: The Presence of Wool
- Review: Waterways
- A Rural Voice: SexRurality 2019
Go to thoughts on:
Southside Grind Podcast:
- Break the Silos. Collaborate. Work across sectors. All great ideas that we need to get better at – and far less territorial. Get in touch: https://southsidegrind.com.au/
- Rural clinicians in small communities face the pressure of always being ‘on duty’, and the ethical challenges of overlapping relationships with members of the community and duality […]
- The first pod off the press has a bit of an introduction and then a wrap up of Carl's time at SexRurality 2019. For more information on […]
Shout me a coffee
Enjoyed what you've read here on the 'Grind? Keep me careering towards my PhD completion and churning out content along the way by donating a coffee to me!